Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lucky #3

Tuesday morning I got out into the stand for the last time.   I wasn't looking for a monster; I was looking to make something happen.  As it turns out, according to my calculations this was my 30th hunt and I was at 133 hours in the stand without a single shot taken.   After a bone chilling 9 degree morning, several does and three small bucks came in.  Only one gave me a shot while it was checking a Wildlife Research Center scrape dripper.  I finally let an arrow go, and it found its target at 34 yards.  He only went 70 yards before expiring!  Interestingly enough, that was my third shot at a deer with my Bear bow and the third deer I've killed with it!  The other deer stuck around for another half hour, so by the time I took my post hunt video the adrenaline rush was wearing off.  I was super happy to capitalize on this last hunt of my 2012 bow season.  Shotgun season is coming up next week, and I'll be trying to get my first deer with a pistol! Good luck and safe hunting to all you!

1 comment:

  1. Nice hit Ronnie!! I bet that was exciting.

    ReplyDelete